Things I will miss:
- The guys who work at the front desk. Especially you Daniel! Your smiling face has been a great way to start my day for the past year!
- The gym. I hope I can still force myself to go to the gym when it isn't in my building!
- My stainless steel stove;
- Dry cleaning in the building;
- My local wine store, September Wines. Somehow I think they'll miss me too...or at least my credit card;
- The statue of Vladimir Lenin on top of the Red Square building. I can see him from my bed so I wake up to him with his right arm in the air every single morning. See it here.
Things I will not miss:
- The girls who scream, "Where's my boyfriend!?" at 4 a.m. while leaving the Lower East Side bars on any given day;
- The symphony of honking on Houston Street that forces me to sleep with earplugs;
- The fresh vomit that I sometimes step over while leaving for the Early Show at 4:30 a.m. on any given day;
- The music that my neighbors blast in the middle of the day. Look, I love Duran Duran too but enough is enough!
- The loud obnoxious sounds my neighbors make when they are enjoying one another's company in the middle of the day;
- The smell of pickles from Katz Deli that I am forced to inhale when walking home every day;
- The people who do not clean the lint filters in the laundry room because they think they are too good to clear out their own dead skin cells from shared appliances;
- The fact that there is not a close enough Starbucks;
- The mural of Kiss on the brick wall on the bar across from my apartment.
See, the bad outweigh the good. It was time to move on.