March 30, 2011

Letting Go Of My Peanuts

Friday, April 29 will be my last day at CBS Interactive and CNET.

I joined CNET in January of 2008, six months before the network was acquired by CBS. I moved from San Francisco to New York City for this position with much trepidation. I was alone and inexperienced. Little did I know that this job would afford me invaluable TV experience, as well as lead me to my precious family.

I am proud of the work I have done here and proud of the friends, colleagues, and viewers that I’ve met. If you are reading this blog, you are probably one of those people and I am grateful for you.

So what is next for me? I am hoping the answer is “A lot!” I have a few irons in the fire but no big announcements as of yet.

So why leave? The simple answer is that it is time. I have been hosting a daily technology news show for over 4 years, if you consider that Loaded is an extension of my previous show, Textra. I love this show but I am ready to challenge myself in new ways. Please allow me to put it allegorically.

I once read a story about how people in India used to catch monkeys. They put peanuts in a jar that was nailed to the floor. When the monkey walked by, it would reach in for the peanuts and be trapped because its hand could not come out of the jar while it was full of peanuts. The monkey did not realize that it would be free if it just let go of the peanuts.

The peanuts are a metaphor for the things in our lives that we cling to. We all hold onto things that entrap us. It could be a job that you are a little too comfortable with, a friend that drains your energy, anger, or resentment. In my case, CNET represents my peanuts and those peanuts are hard to let go of because I am comfortable here. I love it here. I am proud to be a part of this team. Nevertheless, I feel that it is time to see what else my career has to offer and I’ll never do that while I cling desperately to these peanuts.

I hope you will continue to follow my career. I will keep you abreast of upcoming projects on this site and on Twitter. Meanwhile, thank you for your continued support and interest. I hope you will stick with me as I let go of my peanuts.

167 responses to “Letting Go Of My Peanuts”

1. Matthew says:

Oh no! This is such sad news for fans of your show, Natali. I am a big fan of Loaded and I think you're the perfect host for the show. I do understand that you can't host the show forever, however. I wish you look in your future shows and I will continue to follow your journalism.

Thank you so much for having such a great show and entertaining me every day.

2. Ken Newton says:

Good luck Natali. I hope this move works out for you.

3. Kris says:

Best of luck with whatever you chose to do! It's a pleasure following you.

4. Eric says:

When I read your tweet about leaving CNET, I was really sad to hear it. Then I came here and read what you had said, and not only does it make sense, it's also inspiring. I wish you the best of luck in your career, wherever it may take you. I will be sure to watch your twitter and site to see where you go, and support you in your decisions. I am looking forward to seeing where this road takes you, as I'm sure the destination will be great.

5. Carlos says:

Are you leaning towards something online like the TWIT network or traditional media?

6. Armando Andrade says:

I think comparing your job with the peanuts could have a
    Negative connotation. But that's just me.

7. Fred says:

That's an inspiring story! I hope all works out for you and of course I will continue to follow your blog(s) and twitter.

8. Natali Morris says:

Thank you, everyone! Carlos, not sure yet!

9. Casey says:

Wow! I'm surprised, but like always inspired by your initiative.

We'll continue to follow your career with great interest!

Good Luck Natali!

10. Isaac says:

Natali, your episodes of BoL and The 404 always made my day a little better. You will be missed from the cnet family.
    Prediction: Husband and wife team as co-hosts of the east coast TWiT morning show.

11. GzmDesign says:

Wow! very sad to see you go Natali… we will really miss you and I personally wish you the best of luck in future endeavors, I really do, you're a great gal and you deserve it… cheers from the opposite end of the world, and know that we always have to let go of our peanuts… cheers!

12. Robert Dobbins says:

Good Luck Natali! I can't wait to see what you do next!

13. greyweed says:

Oh no! And just a few months after Jasmine left. I've been a big fan and I must admit I will miss you horribly. Who then will take Loaded hosting duties? Take care NDC, good luck on your new journey!

14. Krishna says:

404 and eventually loaded listener. sad to see u go. Have a good journey. Will follow on twitter

15. Courante says:

Well, maybe maybe now you can go on to something that pays more than peanuts. That is what you were really trying to say, right?

Nah, just kidding. Good luck in whatever your future holds. You're a true talent and I know you'll be successful in whatever you choose to do. I wish only the best to you and yours! And yes, I'll still follow you regardless.

16. Marco says:

I think everyone that has been following your career is sad to hear that news (me included) but i can only say "Thank you" for all your work at Cnet.

Here's hoping for success in your next endeavor.

Cheers, Natali.

17. Roger says:

I've followed you since your little program on Textra when I used a Nokia N800 to watch your shows. The Nokia is on a shelf and now I used an Android Samsung Tab to watch or my laptop. Similarly, we must all expand our horizons and move on the bigger and better things. We wish the best for your, your son and Clayton (watch him every weekend on Fox&Friends).
    Don't know what will happen to Loaded in the future. For me, YOU are Loaded the same as you were Textra.

18. Carrick says:

Sorry to see you go, Natali. I've enjoyed watching Loaded these past few years. Good luck in your future endeavors.

19. cslater says:

Congrats Natali. I love the boldness you've taken in your career – being willing to take on your family's name and being willing to step out without something concrete on the other side.

Best of luck in whatever comes next!

20. Natali Morris says:

And no, you guys, I am not trying to compare my salary to peanuts… Wrong way to take the allegory!

21. fromiester says:

Natali, it is sad to hear that you are leaving CNET, it is where I found you and learned to love your reporting and writing. I am excited to see what you have in your future and wish you the best of luck, hopefully we won't miss seeing, hearing, or reading you for very long! I also want to thank you for sharing the allegory, it has struck a chord in me, to examine my own peanuts, and may help me make some tough decisions to push for a better future! Thank you again for all you do and all you share!

22. LudoTheGreat says:

TWiT maybe? No matter where you end up, good luck!

23. TomK says:

Good luck, Natalie. You are great at what you do. I've enjoyed watching Loaded for a little over a year now, and I think you are doing the right thing. Basically, you've outgrown your fish tank, despite the other charming, beautiful fish that share the space with you.

I know exactly the way you feel with the monkeys and nuts. A few of my most treasured life decisions came at similar times.

I'll be lookin' for ya… but not in a creepy stalker kind of way.

24. Alvin says:

Wow, sorry to hear you are leaving. I will miss seeing you doing Loaded on CNET. I'm a big fan and I wish you all the best in your future endeavor.

25. Lewis says:

I also a big fan of you and your show, Loaded! I think you can do better whatever you want. :-) Good luck! – Lewis from South Korea.

26. Pete K says:

Good luck, Natali. I also think it would be great to see you (and Clayton) do something new and interesting on TWiT, especially now that Leo is expanding his vision.

27. Php says:

Yes, please keep us abreast.

28. pete says:

You are courageous and inspiring. Best wishes for luck, success, and most of all, peace!

29. Simon says:

I'll miss your Loaded shows. Your humour & wit on the 404.

I know what you mean about being comfortable. The hardest thing to do is leave it to try something new and unknown. All the best in your future endeavours!

30. Todd says:

Sorry to see you leaving, but looking forward to hearing about what's next for you :). Enjoy the interim time with you family.

31. BradMc says:

Wow, thanks for that disturbing monkey trapping story! Kidding :-)

Being a TWiT addict, I'd love to see you drop in on some of their shows occasionally.

Good luck wherever you land!

32. Natali Morris says:

Moral of the story, Brad: Don't be a monkey. :)

33. Yobosensei says:

All the best to your future and your endeavor.

34. Raphael says:

Hi Natali

When I first saw the title "leaving CNET" I said "nooooo" but after reading this I completely understand, I'm on a similar situation and this inspire me a lot :)

Your show was part of my day :) I hope you've a lot of success in your next proyects

Greetings from Mexico :)

35. Dale C says:

Isn't tomorrow April Fools' Day? I'm just saying, any "shocking" news item around this time of year makes you wonder.

36. Zuke says:

I'm sorry to see you leave CNET! I love watching you on Loaded and especially your weekly guest appearances on The 404!!! It's nice to see you in an unstructured format, just being yourself. You're an interesting gal.

Good luck with whatever you pursue, I hope it's something I can watch regularly and not just guest spots on CBS.

37. Edwin says:

Sad to see you leave CNET but looking forward to hear what's next. Good luck!

38. Julio says:

I'm happy for you if this is what you want to do. I'll miss you terribly at CNET. You and Molly are my 2 favorite personalities.

I wish you well and look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

39. Javier says:

Thank you for all yogur hardware work. I wish you The best. We will jeep on following your career. Hope to see you soon in a new project.

40. Elizabeth says:

Wishing you the best, Natali! It's clear that you'll do great at whatever you decide to take on. You're a very talented woman and you inspire people like me every day.

I have a few peanuts of my own that I should probably considering letting go of. Thanks for the story and for all that you've done over the years. Good luck!

41. Ken says:

I will miss you on Loaded but congrats and good luck on all future endeavors. Oh yeah, I hope you don't mind if I use the story about the monkey in India.

42. Tim says:

I'm going through a similar thing myself right now. I feel like I need something new and lost my job a year ago. I've been trying to figure out what to do while freelancing doing the same thing I had been doing. After several months of deliberation I finally decided to move to follow a dream I had 10 years ago that just didn't seem like a good idea to do before. Good choice? Who knows, but I'm at least doing something proactive.

43. Cindy says:

You'll be missed. Best of luck with whatever you do and I'll be following on Twitter.. I kind of hope you are going to TWiT.

44. Nemetfox says:

Take care and good luck!

45. Tommyjohn says:

Natali, Your podcasts of Loaded are the highlight of my day. At first I was a little shocked to read that you would leave Cnet, but i thought about it and it makes complete sense.
    Good for you leave while your on top and stike out on your own, rest asured you will have a huge following wherever you go. By the way you look great since the baby.

46. Arcangel Ortiz says:

I followed Natali from Textra to Loaded because she was the person I wanted to see giving the news. While I have plenty of ways of getting my tech news fix. I am sad to see you go, Natali. I look forward to seeing which way you go and best luck with your endeavors.

47. Rick says:

Good Luck, I will miss you.

Bet Leo Laporte has been trying to contact you, he loves ex CNET staff.

48. It's always sad to see familiar faces leave the shows we love. I am sure you will be missed by many at CNET. What a great experience you had there! It's exciting to see what the future may hold for you. Best of luck to you and your family!

49. Brent says:

I wish you much success as you move on. Not that you haven't been successful already, especially in regards to coming together with Clayton and starting your family. I figure probably that you count your son as one of the best things and greatest successes about your life.

You did a great job at CNET! Your perspective of being factual (yet with a dose of practicality and common sense) was/is always a breath of fresh air, whether spoken or in written form. One of the things that kept me coming back.

Thanks for being willing to open yourself up to sharing a little of who you are, where you've been and where you're going with all of us. Looking in from the outside gives me the impression that it has been a great ride for you so far, and that you still have a wonderful journey ahead of you.

50. Rachel says:

Best of luck to you Natali! I have been a big fan of your work and will gladly follow your career. From someone else in the CBS family (but in a different city), you will be missed!

51. Brett says:

Why the exodus of talent at CNET?

52. sven I. says:

It was sad when you left Textra but Loaded was even better. I can't wait to see what you do next. Good luck! And I loved the peanut story. I might be too comfy with my gig as well.

53. Awww Morris this is one of the many things I love about you, your always willing to take on a new challenge, I remember when you first tweeted that you where leaving SF to move to NYC, and my thoughts then as I read your tweet are the same as my thoughts now as I read your blog post, they are and were, that you are so strong, brave, smart and absolutely gorgeous. An I was so worried about you moving to NYC with their big stupid cold buildings, but I'm so happy you did because you found your new amazing an super precious, precious, family. An I wish you the best of luck with your new adventures, and I will continue to be a Natali Morris fanboy forever, I love you to bits your really amazing yay :)

54. Ankush Goel says:

Hi! I'm a big fan of you. I subscribed to podcast of loaded on itunes after seeing you in some other video of cnet. I'm going to miss you on loaded and no-one at cnet can take your place. All the best for your journey. And will be following your career. May you find your new peanuts sooner. Take care.
    Ankush from New Delhi India

55. Todd Camack says:

I'm in the middle of an exciting change in my life's path, right now, too! So I completely understand – and used your "peanut jar" allegory (attributing it to you, of course) to describe to those close to me the reasoning behind my decision.

I've been a fan for a long time because you've got a head that cranks out stuff worth following; whatever you do, I know you'll excel – and so do you – so you don't need "good lucks" and no one needs to feel remorse because I've not a doubt in my mind that you'll be fabulous and that your audience will always benefit from your talents. So…

Bon voyage! And thanks, again, for the inspiration to not feel bad about letting go of MY OWN peanuts!

56. TS says:

Like all the others have mentioned, I will miss your presence on CNET. However, that is tempered by my happiness that you are following your ambitions towards some new challenge. I greatly admire your courage, to twice already, to have left your comfort zone. Wish I had half your strength. Good luck!

57. Good luck, Natali. First Tom, now you. Who's next? Molly? :) My Geekling, CJ, and I wish you, Baby Mo, and Daddy C well.

58. Jachym says:

Natali, it is really sad to read this, but of course you know what you want and need the best. We will all miss you, the404 will be not as funny as it was with Natalie Thursdays. Loaded will be totally different without you, now we will have to watch Jeff all the time :( Just kidding, he is also quite good!

I hope, that you will find great job, which will make you happy!

59. Well said, Natali! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

60. Ed says:

Never watched you on Loaded. I wasn't interested in stories about alcoholics. But I did enjoy you on buzz out loud BB and the occasional TWIT. Did your decision to leave have anything do to with the CBS culture? I'm sure in the interim spending more time with the baby is a good thing. Will look forward to your next appearance..

61. ravinder says:

loved u r show loaded . never missed a show . good luck ahead . will catch u on twitter .

62. Ken says:

Thanks Natalie. You just created a whole new perspective for me. With this read, I'm realizing that I too have the same issue.

Thanks and good luck with all that you do.

63. Gary says:

Good luck with future endeavors. Most wouldn't quit a cushy job, especially in this dismal job market.

Geeks rule!

64. Gary says:

Geeks rule!

65. dez says:

Wherever you go, I will follow you.

66. Derek says:

Hi Natali Morris,

It has been truly an honor to be one of your lucky fan who watch you everyday at CNET. Nothing will be the same without you getting us loaded with tech news every morning, but nonetheless life must move on.

I love your story about the peanut. Yes sometimes we are just too comfortable with our own way of doing things that we are afraid to venture out into the wild. Thank you so much for sharing that story with me. It teaches be valuable lesson that only life can bring to us.

So my wishes to you and your family, all the best and I hope to see you in another show!

67. Greg says:

You should look into moving to TWIT. More flexability would make it easier spending time with your family.

68. Alex says:

I've always enjoyed your work. Hope that there are bigger things on the horizon. I'm looking forward to seeing your career progress. Keep us posted! :)

69. Rick says:

Natali (I know you use your married name proudly but you will always be Del Conte to me…. maybe ou can hyphen it? :)
    You are the reason I love Loaded, and I wish you only the very best in your new adventure.
    Muchas felicidades!!!!!

70. Sanwich says:

Sorry to here that you are leaving. I wish you the best of luck in the future. I watched Loaded periodically but always enjoyed your presence on the 404.
    Rock On!

71. Derekaw says:

I have enjoyed your Loaded show, I think it is one of the best and I will miss you hosting it. I hope you are mostly replaced on Loaded by that dark swarthy guy with the nice body and big arms, that will keep me watching :-)

72. Gat says:

Sorry to see you leave Natali, but I'm sure you'll be back on screen very shortly. I hope you team up with Cali and Pelpina – and the 3 of you do a show on TWiT – that would be fab!
    Good luck for the future.

73. Joe says:

Natali, I got to know you thru listening to the 404 podcast. As another member of the digital media world (queer podcaster in Phoenix), I know it can be a tough thing to keep going with. I re-launched my own show last year to change things up and it helped a lot. I wish you good luck and it's been fun watching you on CNET. I'm sure your next venture will do quite well! :)

74. Ru says:

I'm so hungry for peanuts now…

Best of luck, Natali! I will miss you on The 404, especially (but, hopefully you can be a guest star every now and again).

Ru in Toronto.

75. Byron says:

You will be missed…and I love the allegory!!

76. John says:

Natali noooooo I love watching Loaded with you as the host!
    But I guess I get what you mean about holding onto something to which you feel most comfortable… I've wanted to quit my job during the first 2 weeks but have never done it
    I'll definitely continue to follow you on Twitter.

77. SimonH says:

Sorry to hear you're leaving CNET. I've been following Loaded for the last few years and have enjoyed it. I've also enjoyed your various blogs and articles as there's a sense of sincerity to it which I think is refreshing. Good luck with your future endeavours!

78. Luke Chung of SF, CA. says:

Re.: your prospects of working at TWIT…there are way worse bosses to work for than Leo LaPorte. Good luck to you, whatever your decision is!!! šŸ˜‰

79. joolz says:

followed you from textra so will follow you elsewhere assuming it's available in the UK. you're a fine presenter and loaded will not be the same

80. AJ says:

I've been watching Loaded since before you came on and I'm truly inspired by you. I too have had to let go of some peanuts so I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

From Berkeley, CA

81. Hugo Scavino says:

Inspiring! Looking forward to your future!

82. Frank says:

I did the same thing recently and quit my job for 7 years to take care of my newborn at home without having another job lined up. I felt liberated, and I'm sure you will feel the same. As much as I've enjoyed Loaded, I feel that it is time for someone with your talent and screen presence to move on to bigger and better things. No matter what the future brings, you won't miss the peanuts. Good luck!

83. Phill says:

WOW… Cnet won't be the same without you :( On the bright side, as a new parent myself, I'll continue to follow your Twitter, Mommy Beta blog, and Clayton's Daddy On Board podcast. Keep up the great tech & parenting insight!!!

84. AuroraLee says:

This post has hit close to home with me. I'm in the exact same position in the place I've worked for almost 7 years. Food for thought. Good luck in your future endeavours, Natali!

85. Decoder says:

Assuming there's a deal with Laporte, but there's an embargo/non-compete in place that prevents you confirming it at this stage?

86. BHagen (aka hagbre) says:

Reading your post and the comments left by followers of your body of work, left me wondering how I could stand out from the crowd.
    Immediately, I wondered how to nail a jar to the floor without it breaking. So I decided to research your allegory on the web. Turns out that many refer to the parable using a coconut and rice. The jar and the peanuts refer to the greedy monkey. Haha. I know that wasn't the intention. The link talks about the perfectionist. Of course this is from the U of TX and being from USC…well enough said.
    Nonetheless, I am happy for you. You are an innovator, intelligent and influential (wow 3 'i' words). Your contribution to the world of technology is indelible(#4). Looking back on the dry journalism of the technology magazines and early web, you are/were a game changer. Seeing technology journalism change to a more feminine yet perspicacious is, in my mind, a result of you and your efforts.
    I look forward to what is next for you; for if your past work is any indication, it will be brilliant.

87. Neha says:

Natali, I like the metaphor you used here. I think that it's a brave move and I am sure that you will land on your feet. Good luck to you my dear :)

88. Brian says:

Hate to see you go and look forward to what you might do next. Engadget has some openings :-)

89. Benjamin G. says:

I have started watching your show since September of 2010. Since then I have enjoyed watching your colleagues and then you with your return. I am grateful for the stories and for your perspective on information that I have had interest in. (I hope that made sense :D) I will continue to follow you as long as you post. :) Good Job and Good Luck!!

90. Joeyboy says:

I Love U Natali! :)

91. Robert says:

Well Natali good luck with your new career. You will be sadly missed ,You are loaded and no one can replace you.

92. roger gil says:

thx for all the work and for doing an awesome job at mushing every day's tech news into digestible little chunks. I wish you nothing but success in all your future endeavors (both professional and personal). Latinos in tech may be few & far between and we are lucky to count you among those of us who represent us in the public light. Take care & God bless.

93. John L says:

Like many others I started watching you do textra. You have really gone a long way since those days and I am sure you will be a success in whatever your next project is.
    P.S. Get back to doing Trending with Clayton, it is just not the same without you. Remember my George and Gracie Burns analogy :)

94. Maria says:

As the single mother of two boys, I fully understand your decision. I hope you can find some balance in your life and still be involved in tech news. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Good luck!

95. David says:

Natali, Although I live in Panama City, Panama I have enjoyed being entertained and informed by you on an almost daily basis since the beginning of Loaded, your regular time on the 404 and the later Natali Thursdays and so on. You are a breathe of fresh air in the tech podcasting and entertainment. Have also enjoyed hearing you on the the Grizzly Bear Egg Cafe and the new Trending show with Clayton. Will keep up to date through your twitter account. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

96. Shree says:

Hate to see you go, but love to see you leave šŸ˜€ Good luck with your career, stay focused, never lose yourself and thanks for the QR code tip which made my life better.

97. James says:

I have followed you through Textra. I waited patiently for your return during the months of your pregnancy. I followed you through your name change. I am saddened that you are leaving cnet, but I understand what you are going through. Life is too short to stay in one place. Go out and see the world!!! I will continue to follow you. Best of luck in all your endeavors. <3

98. grantdabassman says:

Happy for you Natali.
    Best of luck in your new adventures.

99. Daniel Hernandez says:

Go for it. I will support you.

100. Mark Patten says:

Dear Natali,

Thank you for all your wonderful work. Your professionalism. Your on-camera persona. Your ability to laugh at yourself by showing the gag reels too.

Josie and I wish you great fortune and success in your future projects. We will watch with admiration and prayers for your career and family to blend with as little turmoil as possible. Goodbye Loaded. Goodby Natali…for now.

Best wishes,
    Marcus and Josie Patten

101. Shareef says:

Natali, so sad to see you go. I wish you and Clayton well in your future! Hopefully you can still call into the 404 every once in a while :)

102. Adam says:

Best of luck for the future.
    You've done great work with Cnet, making tech news accessible but without ever talking down to the audience. Interesting for tech heads like me and the not so tech minded.
    You've clearly got great talent and talent shouldn't be wasted… so go far with it!

103. Allex Radu says:

Yeah right, it's all about the money. Probably the Revision3 paid more and a mother that has a child to raise couldn't refuse.

Nobody lives without having a bird in hand for more birds in the bush, risking unemployment.

Allex Radu

104. Tom says:

Congratulations on your big decision to make another big change in your life. I, like so many others, will miss your reporting and wit that we have enjoyed over the years. I wish you the best and will hopefully be able to know where you land next so I can follow you again.

I know wherever you go or whatever you do, you will do another fantastic job and I'm looking forward to being one of your followers in your new venture.

Good luck and will miss you (hopefully we will see you reporting again very soon – you're the best),

105. Mike says:

Congratulations Natali, just making the decision to drop the peanuts shows profound strength and courage. To leave security, uncertain of the future, shows just how happy and content you are at this very moment. I am very happy for you and look forward to see what you conquer next.

106. Mike says:

Well I will be unsubscribing from Loaded after you leave, and I will subscribe to whatever endeavor you end up doing, assuming it is something that can be subscribed to. Sorry CNET, but Mark Licea and co. doesn't work for me on Loaded.

107. Stavos says:

Well this sucks! I guess there's no reason to watch Cnet now.

108. Dave says:

Natali: I enjoy your program. It's brief, informative and relevant. I'm about 3 times as old as you and I can still understand you. Your diction and delivery is much better than many who try to do the same type of reporting. Thanks for your efforts and good luck with what you choose to do.

109. Ali says:

Hey Motherboard you leaving Loaded ? :(

Best of luck for future shows, Hope to see you soon in front of camera again with same sweet smile on your cute face.

"Keep loading" :)

110. Alex G says:

When I saw you deliver Loaded, I told my Roomate how much I liked you, wasn't
    sure specifically what sparked my admiration but now I know after reading your last blog. Your character has strength & endurance with an adventurous spirit, that fearless spirit will always serve you & those you meet well. Forward & upward all the best. You will be missed.

111. Shiraz says:

I was sad to hear the news like so many before me. However, after reading your blog it does make sense. II wish you all the best in the future in your professional and personal life forward. Be safe. Be happy – always!!

112. Listening to The 404 reminded me of when I got married nine years ago. I had been singing with a 19 piece Big Band for 12 years. I loved it, but it was getting too comfortable. When I married, I gained a 3 yr. Old and a 6 year old in the deal. When we looked at my upcoming schedule, we saw me gone every weekend night for the next several months. I retired from it. I miss it a lot, but now, two more babies later, I couldn't imagine missing the time with my family. I know that I will sing again someday and you,too, will obviously find that new direction for you. Maybe it is in helping other women to find their direction through MommyBeta and other endeavors? My wife's goal is to help other artists get noticed ( and help families on budgets ( I am proud of her and I am happy to have placed my singing behind to support her in her goals. Best of luck to you, Clayton, and Mo.

113. Eric says:

Wow. I just found out that you were leaving. I like all of Cnet shows and reporters but the two people I most like to watch was you and Tom. I now follow him at his new job at Twit and I hope to follow you in what ever you do. (Could it be Twit too?) This kind of feels like when your big brother and sister move out of moms house and you are left behind. Life goes on and I wish and your family nothing but the best :-)

114. A.J. says:

Good Luck Natali
    Would love to see you back on Red Eye and you would be perfect at Fox News.
    They have a penchant for beautiful, intelligent women, you would be great in any position there.

Don't listen to all the haters who hope you go to work for TWIT, You are not low rent.
    Leo has no use for free thinking people, look how he banished your friend Cali when he thought she had wandered from his thought cottage. Go Big you earned it!

115. Doug Farrell says:

Nothing like not having a "next step" plan to ensure new adventures! I know you'll land on your feet, and wherever that is, they will be lucky to have you. I hope you continue to make appearances on The 404, "the boys" need the occasional hit to their reset buttons.

116. t40 laptops says:

ClaytonMorris So proud of you! I am excited to see what you have in your future and wish you the best of luck, hopefully we won't miss seeing, hearing, or reading you for very long! I also want to thank you for sharing the allegory, it has struck a chord in me, to examine my own peanuts, and may help me make some tough decisions to push for a better future! Thank you again for all you do and all you share!

117. Del says:

Excellent announcement post – clarity, spunk, and a smile are good trademarks! Thanks for years of fun technology posts and video. All the best!

118. Leslie Green says:

Hi Natali,

I enjoyed reading your article. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see someone write about a topic I have written about as well. Mine was called "Let Go of the Rice" (not peanuts) and it was set in China (not India) – regardless, it's the same, beautiful story which illustrated such a wonderful lesson for us.

My entire website is dedicated to Letting Go, and for that reason, I found your article speak directly to me. Thank you.

For a link directly to that specific article, here is it:

Thank you and best of luck to you.

119. alex says:

Great metaphor. Good luck with everything.

120. Maiev says:

Wow :< I was catching up with technology by playing all the loaded ep, and was a sad day when I got to the March 31st one :< sad to see you let your peanuts go (and I lol at somebody saying peanuts referring to ur pay lol.. which I know you didn't mean that)

But I hope you find better goodies, somehow providing us with our tech news :O

Good luck with ur future Natali =)

121. Best of luck with your career. I hope you'll do your own show on the net.

122. Shadow says:

You're right my love, the first Batman is the best one. The one with catwoman and the penguin sucks major butt. Jeff Bakalar doesn't know what he's talking about!

123. G says:

Sorry to hear you are leaving Loaded.
    Good luck in your new endeavours.

124. Roger says:

I will be sad to see you leave. I've enjoyed Loaded and your previous podcast. My sensory system will go into shock without my regular doses of Natalie on technology! Please return to something soon and let us know here and via Twitter where we can find you!

125. Natali Morris says:

I sure will when I know! Thank you again to everyone for these encouraging words!

126. Fernando Oda says:

Good Luck… wish you the best.
    Just let us know were you went, we will follow you… : )

127. George Hilbert says:

As someone who has been in the "peanut" dilemma, I applaud your courage. Here's wishing all the best to you and your family in your new endeavors. On the other side of the coin, I will miss you badly, having followed your broadcasts daily for quite a while. I guess I will have to count on Molly, Veronica and the others for my daily "Girl Geek" fix. Go for it. Your true fans will find you.

128. Sirish D. says:

Hi Natali.
    Sad to see you going from Cnet.

All the Best for your future. Wishing for your success wherever you go, whatever you try. Of course, I'll be following your programs in future. Take care.

– Sirish from Kathmandu, Nepal.

129. Cliff Wells says:

I also am a big fan. You have a right to be proud of your accomplishments and you have been an excellent role model for our young people and an inspiration to all.
    Best wishes to you and your family

130. Julio Reyes says:

Well, loaded won't be the same without you, love your energy, greetings from a fan in colombia!

131. John S says:

Best of luck in whatever your next endeavors are Natali!

132. Paul says:

I heard this on TWIT and it didn't ring home until I read your Twitter. I'm sorry to see you go because I'm not likely to watch LOADED without you hosting. I'm sure you will SMASH the next thing, so let us know what's next when it materializes.

133. Ricardo says:

Pleasure to follow you from as far as Brazil.Waiting to follow you again in your next endeavor.Good Luck Natali.

134. Shameeth Bhola says:

Hi Natali
    You are really going to be missed on Loaded, you made the show awesome. Living in technologically delayed South Africa, Loaded is the closest I come to the latest in the tech world. I know loaded and c-net will go on, but it won't be the same without you.
    I loved the story about the monkey and the peanuts.

All the best for your future endeavors.

(South Africa)

135. Tanjid says:

Loaded is one of my top five everyday podcasts. You will be missed Natali…

136. Robert M says:

Been a fan for the longest! Loaded and the 404 will never be the same. All the best to you and your family. Best of luck NDC! Opps I mean Mrs Natali Morris. Union City from Robert

137. Victor says:

Feeling sad to hear you leave. I am going to miss you and your shows.
    Good luck for your future. Victor from Singapore

138. GaryL says:

I like your smile, I like your voice, and I like being loaded. I think I definitely had some of my best time with this show ever. I am going to miss you, Natali, and I bet so are the other fans. Even if you are leaving cnet, your presence still remains in my heart, always.

139. Adel says:

We Will miss you :(

140. Dale Adams says:

As I hate to say it is sad that I won't be able to watch you anymore on CNET and Loaded, it is great to see that you are stepping out of your comfort zone to try new endeavors. Best wishes with this new adventure…I'm sure you will be fantastic there as you have been with CNET/Loaded/Textra!

141. Adel says:

Good Luck with your future :)

142. John says:

Please, not TWIT. I can enjoy Tom Merritt there, but it's just not the same as when he was on Buzz Out Loud and CNET Live, and I've found my watching/listening to TNT has slowly dropped off to sometimes less than once a week. Wherever you go, best wishes!

143. Jonathan Wolfson says:

Good luck, it was great listening to 404 and Loaded.

I've always been curious? Why'd you change your last name when you got married?

144. harvmeister says:

You have great strength in recognizing that it IS time to let go of the peanuts, or forever be typecast as a web-journalist.

There is inevitably 1 thing you must now do….. Call Leo!! This is your golden opportunity to push the envelope in NetCast based journalism.

Best of luck and say hello to the main Twit for me.

Tell him, the harvmeister from Toronto sent ya….

Cheers, and good luck

145. Josh says:

hi good luck in your new job it was always great to see your show and good luck with what ever you decide to do next im sure you will do well what ever you choose to do. :)

146. Layne DeMent says:

I'm sorry to see you leave Loaded, as I've enjoyed seeing you there for years. I've unsubscribed the feed, since it won't be the same without you. Personally I would be overjoyed to see you join TNT on TWIT to be reunited with Tom Merritt. I unsubscribed BOL also when you folks left. Keep up the great work, but wherever you end up, have a great life!

147. Andrey says:

I also a big fan of you and your show, Loaded! Thank you for your great aura! I think you can do better whatever you want. :-) Good luck! – Andrey from Russia.

148. sportswear says:

I'll miss your blog, not another one of my favourite blogs will disappear! You're one of the blogs I've been following. Sad to see you go..(((hugs)))

149. Karl says:

A big fan of you from Paris (France) is going to miss you a lot, wish I could meet you last time you were there! I'm sadly removing my bookmark to the Loaded blog page…
    Wish you the best with your family, and for whatever it is you're going to do next, keep us posted!

150. Andy says:

Gonna miss your pretty eyes and smile on loaded. Wish u the best. You will shine bright whatever endeavor !

151. Tarique (Soldier) Miller says:

Good luck Natali!!!

152. Rip says:

Does this mean you will join Fox?

153. Katrin says:

I have the exact same problem! I have no idea how to get rid of them.

154. its shock, i wish itsn't true, ill miss you very much

155. alley says:

amazing i love you

156. miley cyrus batliwala says:

great article about the peanuts.. thanks for the wonderfull information…<a href="">Bakri Eid Mubarak SMS Wishes</a>

157. thanks for share thank you for share iā€™m dealing with many of these issues as well enjoyed every bit of your post